Tuesday 22 May 2012

Goodnight Robin Gibb x



This really is just a quickie.

So sad to hear that Robin Gibb died today at 62 . . . He hadn't been well for a while. He was always my favourite "Bee Gee", I'm not sure why, possibly because the others had perfect teeth and hair; he had buck teeth and was slightly scruffy . . . They are/were all extremely talented writers, musicians and singers but I always liked his voice especially.

There are way too many songs to choose from. This one is very special to me and will appear as the soundtrack to a part of "my story" circa '89 (a long way to go yet).

Today was good, prison was good, everything was good . . . but I'm too tired to write just now. It's been seventeen hours pretty much non-stop. Non-stop good though . . . So that's good. What more can I say. Goodnight x






Beautiful Robin, Rest in peace x

10 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you got through another big and busy day.
    And yes, RIP Robin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi The E'sC,
      Yes it was a long long day, but a few nice surprises made it all a bit easier . . . Hopefully I will have chance to update tonight. Saying that, I'm pretty exhausted again from the sudden heat here today, it has about wiped me out.

      Delete
  2. Glad your day was good - we all need that once in a while.

    I loved the BeeGees way back - but I never saw videos and such so I only know now that I think I loved Robin's voice best all that time as well. Pulls at your heart strings it does.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeannie,
      Yeah, considering what was involved it all went surprisingly well . . . then a sudden heat wave today.

      I only knew it was Robin's voice as I was with an avid Bee Gee fan at the time ('89). There is something special about Robin's voice.

      Delete
  3. He was my favorite too! And probably for the same reasons as you. My favorite Beatle was always Ringo...probably for the same reasons.

    Yep...RIP Robin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sherry,
      He just seemed a little different somehow didn't he? . . . like he didn't quite fit in.
      Now why would I identify with that ;-)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Syd,
      Barry is still alive. Just the one Bee Gee.

      Delete
  5. He stays alive in his music. Maybe we should all try to leave something special behind us, to record our brief passing. Love you Robin, and thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Robin is my favorite also! He was and still is a beautiful person and he made us feel alive when his voice met our ears. I do wonder what happened to his crooked teeth though... RIP sweet Robin!

    ReplyDelete